The Young Cardiologists’ Club (YCC) is an official working group of the Belgian Society of Cardiology for starting cardiologists. It gives the opportunity to network with colleagues and to cast our young voice on the landscape of cardiology and training in Belgium. YCC members benefit from advantages such as eligibility for free registration for the ESC congress or access training material on the EACVI website. Each year, YCC organizes courses for young cardiologists, as well as the Annual YCC Symposium, open for all.
- Young cardiologists can benefit from free ESC Congress registration as “cardiologist of tomorrow”
- Every year, a 1000 euro “YCC Training grant” is awarded to a young cardiologist on our annual symposium
- Become the national young representative for your hospital or your clinical specialty (EAPCI Young or HIT ambassador)
- Advantages for EACVI: 50% discount on Silver membership with online educational material, eligibility for free EuroEcho registration* (under specific conditions)
- Connect with peers and leaders in your specialty and enhance your expertise
- Get involved in the working group of the Belgian Society of Cardiology
- EACVI HIT National Ambassador (heart imager of tomorrow): Dr. Caroline Van De Heyning
- EAPCI Young National Ambassador: Dr. Nick Hiltrop
Conditions for membership
- Being a cardiologist or cardiologist in training
- Working in Belgium
- Not older than 40 years of age
- Young cardiologists or trainees: first become a BSC member, then register here.
- If you are not a cardiologist: register to our mailing list for free to stay informed on our activities: click here.
YCC was founded in 1991 by Prof. D. Clement. Actual presidents are Fabian Demeure and Caroline Van de Heyning. Secretary is Véronique Moerman and treasurer is Frederik Helsen. Board meetings are held every 3 months. Contact us if you want to attend one!
Young Cardiologists’ Club
Elyzeese Veldenstraat 63