The Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF) was established in 2004 as one of the official working group of the Belgian Society of Cardiology.
This association was created with the following objectives:
- Promote the quality of the management of heart failure in Belgium.
- Establish, disseminate and follow the implementation of the scientific guidelines in education, continuing education and clinical practice for the treatment of heart failure.
- Promote scientific exchange and to encourage basic and clinical research in the field of the management of heart failure.
- Increase the awareness of heart failure in Belgium.
- Promote collaboration between the different working groups of the BSC.
- Be an interlocutor in collaboration with the Belgian Society of Cardiology with healthcare authorities.
Conditions for membership
- Being active as a cardiologist in Belgium.
- The candidate should have interest and / or expertise in the management of heart failure.
- The application must be accepted by the Bureau.
- The application must be submitted by the candidate in writing to the Board of the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (see secretariat)
- The candidate must be in order of contribution from the Belgian Society of Cardiology.
- The possible non-admissibility of the application is notified to the applicant.
At his request, the applicant may request to be heard by the Bureau.
PRESIDENT Prof. Anne-Catherine Pouleur
UCL St. Luc – Brussels
PAST PRESIDENT Dr. Walter Droogné
TREASURER Dr. Matthias Dupont