As part of the 2017 European Heart Failure Awareness Days organized around the 5th of May, the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC calls the heart failure centres to organize animations and lectures for the general population.
Since 2010, every year, the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure and Cardiac Function, in collaboration with the Belgian Cardiologic League, join forces to organize the campaign on a national level.
The report of the previous edition is on the website of the HFA-ESC websites:
Many activities can be organized, such as:
- Lectures to patients, their relatives and the general population about heart failure:
What about heart failure, epidemiology, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, role of education
- Workshops about ‘heart failure’ diets
- Presentation of the movie ‘L’insuffisance cardiaque, un nouveau parcours pour votre cœur ‘ or “ Hartfalen, een nieuw parcours voor uw hart” (new edition)
- ‘Open house’ in heart failure clinics
- Panel debates with heart failure cardiologists
- Offering blood test, blood pressure measurements
- Performing BNP test (coordination by Walter Smolders)
- Participation of patient representatives to share their experiences
- Patient testimonials
- Presentation and signatures of the Charters
This list is not exhaustive. Be creative and feel free to join this European initiative.
In order to prepare the press release, could you let us know if your centre will participate
Could you also specify the days of opening, timetables and animations scheduled?
The list of centres will be distributed with the press release and on the different websites.
To help advertise European Heart Failure Awareness Day, posters & flyers will be distributed.
You can find more ideas and reports of previous campaigns on the website of the ESC:
For further information, please contact our two national coordinators:
Do not hesitate to send us the date and program of the activities that you will organize in your centre.
Dr Walter Smolders Dr Pierre Troisfontaines
National Coordinator National Coordinator
Dr Pierre Troisfontaines
President of the Belgian Working Group of Heart Failure
Dr W. Droogne
Vice-President of the Belgian Working Group of Heart Failure
Prof. Wilfried Mullens
Past-President of the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure
Dr Philippe Blouard
Secretary of the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure